Social Differencing in These Unprecedented Times
Hello, from No Child Goes Hungry.
If you had asked me two months ago if I would be writing my spring newsletter like this, I wouldn’t have believed it. If you had asked me even a month ago, I wouldn’t have predicted the enormity of our nation’s unemployment and the fall out of even higher food insecurity that ripples from it.
But here we are, and hunger is on the rise. NCGH has pivoted and then pivoted again to partner with other organizations, congregations, and groups in new creative and innovative ways. Your generosity is making a Social Difference in these times!
So far during the pandemic, NCGH has already funded several grant requests, totaling $8,500 which include such initiatives as:
- The addition of a Little Free Pantry on the grounds of All Souls Unitarian Church in Washington, DC, and one with the Bull Run Unitarian Universalists in Manassas, VA.
- Provided funds for food for the immediate need and funds for the startup of a new community garden with The Good News Community Kitchen in Occoquan, VA.
- We funded a Little Free Pantry in Tylertown, Mississippi, which will be placed on the property of Velma Jeans Chicken and Waffle House.
- We partnered with So What Else to provide both funds for food for their Little Free Pantry in Rockville, MD, and also for them to give bags of food for kids in the inner city of Baltimore, MD.
- We sent funding to the Children’s Learning Center in Jackson, Wyoming, which is using their van to drop off bags of food for their kids in need. So many of their parents are out of work.
- We supplied a grant to help My Why in Cincinnati, Ohio, as they raise funds for a van to drive much needed donated fruit and vegetables to their inner-city families.
- We partnered with Food for Neighbors located in Reston, VA, to help them as they supplement breakfasts and lunches to school children in need.
As we learn about new groups to partner with, we’re getting needed funds out as quickly as we can. Thank you to so many who have already donated to make all of this happen!
While these partnerships are creating an impact in communities in need and helping us make a social difference, we aren’t nearly ready to stop. With more requests being received weekly, we need your help raising more funds to share with non-profit organizations across the nation that are ready to roll up their sleeves and ideate and execute grassroots solutions to the exacerbated issue of hunger caused by COVID-19. So we have launched a Faithify fundraiser!
Watch the video below to learn about our efforts to make a Social Difference during COVID-19
Please know that any donation in any amount makes a significant impact. The average cost to feed a child a school lunch is only $3.41. Our commitment is to end childhood hunger one child, one meal at a time, and our pledge to our donors is to use every dollar raised in this campaign to fund our community grants.
Please, help us make a difference during COVID-19.
Wishing you good health, and please be safe!